Monday, December 19, 2016

Post 9:Changes to my study program

Hello bloggers, today I am going to talk about my career and my study program in Facultad de Ciencias Forestales y Conservación de la Naturaleza. 

More specific, I am going to talk about the changes that I want to do in the study program. First, I think that Faculty should invest a lot of money in buildings and infrastructure because we are a lot of students and there´s no enough space for all. We need more study rooms, more computer rooms with new computers or at least a good set of computers in good conditions, and we need an auditorium for presentations and ceremonies. In summary, we need another "Pabellón Arauco" and now! because the enrollment will continue increasing.

Secondly, I think that teachers should be according to the program focus, because the program is based in abilities ("competencias") but a little group of old teachers have another point of view more traditional and they do not teach skills only pure knowledge. I think that they have an out-of-date notion of the career and the program.

Finally, I think that the Faculty can improve the program from different ways, because it is a new process or stage in the history of the Faculty and the authorities are testing different things in the program and somethings are not good ideas. For example, I think that we should have rubrics for all (or almost all) the evalutions like test, exams, presentations, written documents or homeworks, etc., because in many occasions I have been some problems because the homework instructions or the test rules are very ambiguous and finally the teacher or the teacher assistant decide under her discretion or impartial opinion.

But, I can not be so negative... I think that it is a good career and I like this Faculty. it has problems but all have solution.   

4 comments:

  1. I think the same, we need a new Pabellón Arauco

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! We need more classrooms. We are too many people for this building.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! please! we need more space!

    ReplyDelete